· Secure that all procurements for the Nigeria Country Programme is submitted correctly and in line with the Programs demands.
· Secure that all National Procurement staff and Budget holders are following the DRC Procurement procedures.
· Ensuring that all procurement processes are in line with DRC Operations Handbook
· Ensure that all procurement specifics, DRC/donors’ rules and policies are followed
· Secure that all Tenders are submitted to relevant stakeholders within the deadlines
· Manage the procurement tracker and share it with the relevant stakeholders on regular basis
· Oversight of all purchase and service contract to ensure DRC’s interests are protected
· Optimize all logistics operations to increase cost effectiveness including setting up longer term supply contracts and Frame Agreements
· Ensure DRC supplier due diligence process is effective in the relevant context.
· Develop and maintain diverse supplier database relevant to the context.
· In collaboration with HoSS, develop a procurement SOP for Nigeria Program.
· Arrange workshops for the Procurement Teams in the new ERP toolkit
· Develop and implement a strong filing system for all procurement files.
To be successful in this role we expect you to be ready to take up multiple demanding tasks at the same time while continuously keeping eye for details and compliance in all domains. We also expect that you should be ready to travel a min of 50% of your work time.
You are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
• Bachelor degree in Supply Chain Management, organization, administration or the like
• Minimum 3-5 years of working experience in a similar position
• Management and/or supervisory experience with an INGO / UN agencies
• Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
• Stable, moral and robust character and a good team-player
• Excellent communication skills, calm and a good sense of humour
• Proven commitment to accountability practices.
• Fluent in written and spoken English
Previous work experience with DRC
Understanding of local west African context
Contract length: 12 months with possibility of extension, subject to funding and Performance. Salary and other conditions are offered in accordance with DRC’s Terms of Employment for expatriate staff. This position is under Employment band N.MG level 1
Duty Station: Maiduguri, Non family, Unaccompanied Position
Start date: 1st December 2019
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies. For questions regarding the vacancy please contact Abdirizak Good (firstname.lastname@example.org).