Knowledge Management and Communications Manager—Nigeria
The Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management
Panagora Group, a woman-owned, small business providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development, seeks a Knowledge Management and Communications (KMC) Specialist to support the project’s knowledge management and communication activities in Nigeria.
The USAID Global Health Supply Chain– Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project is partnering with the Federal Government of Nigeria, international donor agencies, and other stakeholders, to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in Nigeria. GHSC-PSM provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) and Population and Reproductive Health. For more information about GHSC-PSM, please see www.ghsupplychain.org.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The USAID Knowledge Management and Communications Manager is responsible for implementing and supervising GHSC-PSM’s knowledge management and communications activities, internal and external, to support GHSC-PSM in Nigeria.
Associated tasks include:
• Lead the implementation of the country’s GHSC-PSM’s Strategic Communications Plan, advancing the project’s vision, mission, and mandate.
• Establish and socialize KMC systems, platforms, processes, and tools to support efficient and effective knowledge management, learning, and communications and to ensure the project’s institutional memory.
• Support the Country Director and Program Managers to achieve and maintain effective communications with project stakeholders.
• Serve as KMC focal point with GHSC-PSM’s HQ teams to support global reports and communication activities.
• Build solid working relationship with Directors, Deputies, and Program Managers to support project activities, providing KMC expertise and support as needed.
• Liaise with Directors, Deputies, and Program Managers or their designees to write, edit, design, and produce engaging, accurate, and useful knowledge products and resources. These may include print and digital handouts, FAQs, talking points, newsletters, success stories, articles, blog posts, presentations, infographics, posters, journal articles, conference and event materials, training resources, and social media content.
• In collaboration with GHSC-PSM HQ, assist the Country Director to respond to media inquiries, coordinate high-level visits, and manage media tours of project activities.
• Plan and lead workshops to train staff on knowledge management and communication best practices.
• Review and edit project communications for clarity, conciseness, and consistency.
• Review and edit performance monitoring reports prepared by the M&E team.
• Serve as brand expert to ensure compliance to style, branding, and marking requirements.
• Hire and manage KMC staff and consultants, as needed.
• Understand and adhere to established policies and procedures and promote them throughout GHSC-PSM staff.
• Carry out additional responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time by supervisor.
• BA/Master’s degree in communications, knowledge management, public health, international development, or related field.
• Minimum of 7 years of experience in knowledge management and communications, experience working in supply chain logistics, public health, and/or USAID-funded projects strongly preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience managing direct reports and consultants.
• Experience implementing and managing new workflow systems and processes.
• Experience producing high-quality communication products for a variety of channels (e.g., print, digital, video).
• Excellent command of the English language (verbal and written) with a proven ability to rewrite technical information for non-experts (writing samples will be requested).
• Experience facilitating workshops and trainings in knowledge management and communication best practices.
• Proven organizational and management skills, ability to work independently and in teams in a multi-cultural context.
• Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and juggle numerous projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrate good judgment, possesses sensitivity and understanding of how messaging impacts diverse audiences.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with executives, all levels of GHSC-PSM staff, partners and other stakeholders.
• Excellent computer skills in a full range of software, including: MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Adobe Photoshop and/or other graphics programs
Level of Effort and Location
This long-term position will be based in Abuja, Nigeria, with intermittent travel throughout the program’s target regions as needed.
To apply, please submit a CV and a cover letter with “First Name, Last Name – Nigeria KMC Manager” in subject line to email@example.com. No telephone inquiries, please.
Finalists will be contacted. Panagora Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices.