- The Chief Matron shall be responsible for the direction, organization and strategic planning of the nursing unit within a hospital or other healthcare facility.
- He/she is involved in assessing, evaluating and setting nursing care standards and objectives for the organization.
- In addition to overseeing the operations of the nursing unit, Chief Matron provide leadership and supervision to their direct reports, including nurse managers and the nursing staff.
- Plan the staffing budget and recruitment
- Ensure that nursing care meets regulatory standards
- Review and approve nursing policies and procedures
- Evaluate nursing staff performance
- Collaborate with nursing staff, upper management and external agencies in the coordination of patient care
- Train nursing management staff and coordinate educational programs for patients and their families
- Facilitate meetings with medical staff from other departments
- Ensure that nursing care medical services are meeting patient needs
- Implement quality assurance systems
- Develop new patient care programs
- Education: A Degree in Nursing.
- Experience: Minimum of 15 years’ work experience.
- Proven experience as a Chief Matron or relevant role
- Proven ability to manage and evaluate nursing staff
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency in multi-tasking and handling stressful situations
- Talent for negotiation and collaboration
Application Closing Date
28th February, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com kindly make the subject of the mail the job title.
Note: Only successful candidates will be contacted.