The Internal Audit & Control Manager is responsible for ensuring that all Save the Children and donor guidelines and policies are complied with while evaluating the effectiveness of the governance, risk management and control systems in place. As a member of the SMT s/he will advise on any additional steps that need to be taken to ensure the protection of the program’s assets, funds and reputation. S/he will undertake regular checks of procedures and documentation in all of Save the Children’s offices in Nigeria and will serve as a liaison for all external audit and regulatory agencies. Save the Children operates through 8 field bases (Kaduna, Katsina, Kebbi, Zamfara, Jigawa and Bauchi, Gombe, Borno and Lagos. SC Nigeria has a total of 221 staff with about 19 finance staff. SC Nigeria has about 21 active awards With a total of $152m.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Qualified internal auditor or compliance manager
• Extensive experience in relevant operational areas (e.g. in program/project management in an INGO context) and experience of risk-based auditing.
• Be highly accurate, detail-orientated, and able to complete multiple projects, with conflicting priorities, on a timely basis
• Excellent report English writing skills
• Proven interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and relationship building
• Willingness to undertake high amount of travel within the NIGERIA SCI field locations (40%) and work with minimum supervision under difficult conditions in some of the most underdeveloped, insecure and remote parts of NIGERIA.
• Strong cultural awareness and be able to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
• Demonstrate standards of ethics and integrity
• Commitment to Save the Children values
• INGO experience or have worked in a commercial/public sector international organization
• Familiarity with grant requirements of major donors such as USAID, EC/ECHO, DfID and the UN
• Good financial analysis aptitude
• Experience of Agresso financial software or other ERP software
• Experience of audit
• Counter fraud experience
• Ability to look at the bigger picture when assessing organizational performance and risk
HOW TO APPLY:
Kindly send your C.V and qualifying statements to: Nigeria.FinanceVacancy@savethechildren.org on or before June 9th, 2015explaining why you are suitable for the position you are applying for. State position clearly in the subject field as applications without appropriate subject will be disqualified. Also, applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Please note that applications will be treated as they are received and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
In order to apply for more great opportunities, please visit our website onwww.savethechildren.net/jobs.
For more information and to support our work, please visit our website onwww.savethechildren.net
Our selection processes reflect our commitment to safeguard children from abuse. Our people are as diverse as the challenges we face.